Our highly experienced professionals understand the crucial role in the provision of planning and building code services to property owners and developers, for residential, agricultural, industrial, commercial, educational, health, and tourism sectors. We tailor our services to individual client’s needs.
Our planning team follows each project from conception right through not only to development approval but to occupation certificate approval and beyond.
We project manage the entire development by providing the following services:
- Preliminary planning and building code advice on development projects
- Preparation of statements of environmental effects
- Preparation of Review of Environmental Factors
- Preparation of review of DA commencements
- Facilitation of development applications, Section 4.55 modifications, construction certificate applications, building information certificate applications, occupation certificate applications, complying development certificate applications, Section 68 applications, Section 138 applications, Section 307 applications, Section 735 applications, subdivision certificates, adjoining land owner submissions, Section 22 Swimming Pools Act exemptions, Section 10.7 planning certificates, deposited plans and many more
Unapproved work specialists
Do you have unapproved works on your property? Or are you unsure if everything is approved?
We have extensive experience dealing with unapproved work to get you back on track. We can facilitate the entire process.
- We offer a full service from initial investigation to completion
- We investigate your property to see where, why and how it does not comply and whether it is capable of complying
- We provide planning and building advice and give you an idea about the cost of compliance
- We prepare and lodge your development application
- We prepare and lodge your building information certificate application (we also prepare any BCA reports including any performance solutions as necessary)
- We attend site meetings on your behalf with Council
- We facilitate any construction certificates and occupation certificates
Site meetings and compliance checks
Our staff have extensive qualifications, experience and knowledge in planning and building. We conduct site inspections on a daily basis to assist our clients with the following services:
- Compliance checks on existing construction to see if and where they meet current legislation building codes and standards or the legislation, building codes and standards at which they were built. The compliance check is particularly handy when you are considering selling or purchasing property.
- Obtaining Council records for existing approvals
- Compliance reports on existing buildings where they may not comply with building code and planning requirements and the heads of consideration and pathways to obtaining approvals
- Development potential reports for existing properties
- Initial desktop assessments where unapproved work may have occurred
- Verification that materials used in construction are fit for purpose
Our unrestricted certifiers with over 50 years combined certification experience, extensive qualifications and straight forward approach give you the assurance that we get the job done to the highest standards and offer the following professional services:
- Construction certificates for all classes of buildings including those with existing or proposed performance solutions such as residential, industrial and commercial projects
- Complying development certificates for many types of buildings such as carports, garages, dwellings, industrial and commercial properties
- Being the PC (principal certifier) for all classes of buildings
Council application lodgement specialists
Our extensive experience working in and around Councils gives you the confidence to use Certifiers2U for the following projects:
- Do you require a Development Application?
- Do you require a Section 4.55 modification?
- Do you have deferred commencement DA conditions? We can work with you to satisfy those requirements
- Do you have Development Application (DA) conditions to comply with and do not know where to begin? We can assist you.
- We provide a complete application preparation and lodgement service with Council.
Council liaison services
Our principals have each worked in Councils for more than 20 years, we understand the processes and we recognize that not everything goes to plan. We offer our extensive knowledge and problem solving capabilities to resolve issues such as:
- Making presentations on your behalf for Notices or Proposed Orders and Orders.
- Assisting you where we can to obtain Building Information Certificate approvals for unauthorised works
- Problem solving town planning and building code matters
- Resolving Council Notice and Order legal matters
Building Code of Australia (BCA) reports
We provide extensive BCA reports to assist you in many parts of the development process such as:
- Pre-planning design building code assessments
- Clause 93 change of use reports for DAs
- Clause 94 building addition reports for DAs
- Advice on proposed performance solutions
- Comprehensive clause by clause BCA reports for all classes of buildings for a variety of applications
- Performance solution reports
- Product and materials compliance checks and reports
- BCA reports for building information certificates
Pre-CDC assessment service
- With the introduction of the Design and Building Practitioners Act in June 2020 with legislation commencing in July 2020 the role of Building Certifiers keeps evolving. We can provide a CDC assessment service and report and then give your project to one of our network partners for approval.
Council certification service
Are you in need of Council registered unrestricted certifiers?
Our private certifiers are also unrestricted registered Council certifiers. We can assist with assessments of construction certificates, complying development certificates and occupation certificates. We also provide an inspection service for Councils.
Did you know that we conduct remote assessments for Councils? We work with Councils hundreds of kilometres away and provide application and BCA assessments and reports.